Brighter, sharper, more compact and more rugged than many other binoculars in this lens-diameter class. These compacts are identical to the larger Ultravids in their high levels of optical and mechanical performance. This is a consequence of specially designed eyepieces that guarantee a wide and sharp view without colour fringing from edge to edge of the image. Almost all elements of the full-size Ultravids have been miniaturised to a degree that permits their integration in the bodies of these compact glasses.
In addition to the rugged rubber-armoured versions, the Ultravids are also available as a BL version with premium-quality black leather trim. This lends the glasses a classical elegance and guarantees withstanding lifetime of constant use.
• Bright optics that are extremely rich in contrast because of the Leica HighLux System (HLS TM) and optical / mechanical stray light optimisation.
• Rubber armouring for a good grip.
• Weighs only 700 grams (25 oz)
• High stability, due to the magnesium body shell and the titanium hinge shaft
• Removable rotating sleeves with two click stops
• Newly designed multi-function central drive with integrated diopter compensation
• Impact resistant, watertight to a depth of 5m (16.4 ft), cold-proof down to -25 °C (-13 °F)